Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

ASCENSION OF JESUS CHRIST AND THE GOAL





ASCENSION OF JESUS TO HEAVEN AND THE GOAL












WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF THE JESUS CHRIST ' S ASCENSION?








Jesus Christ rose to heaven to provide a place for people who believe in Jesus Christ, the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Below are some explanations of Bible verses addressed:








Figure 1: Jesus ascended into heaven












John 14: 2-3: "In my Father's house are many places to stay. If not so, I would have told you. Because I go over there to provide a place for you. And if I had gone over there and has provided a place for you, I'll come back and take you to my place, so that in places where I am, ye also are. "








John 14: 16-17: "I will ask the Father and He will give you an another Helper, that He is with you forever, the Spirit of Truth. The world can not receive Him, because world does not see Him and know him not. But you know Him, because He will dwell with you and in you. "



WHERE DID JESUS CHRIST ASCEND ?


· Jesus ascended to heaven or paradise and sat on the right hand of God as expressed by the verses of the Bible as follows:








Figure 2: Fig Heaven by Jack Chick











. Mark 16: 19 "After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God."



· Luke 24: 50-51 "Then Jesus led them out of town until near Bethany. There, he raised his hands and blessed them. And when he was blessing them, He parted from them and taken up into heaven. "



· Hebrews 1: 3b "And after He had finished the cleansing of sins, He sat on the right, the great, high place."



· Hebrews 1: 13b "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under Your feet ."




Figure 3: Crucifixion of Jesus with 2 malefactors, by Albredt Alddorfer,1526



· To one a criminal who was crucified with Jesus, Luke 23: 43 Jesus said to him: "I tell you, today you shall be together with me in Paradise."








· 2 Corinthians 12: 3-4 "I also knew about that person -[ whether in body or outside body, I do not know, God know;]-He was suddenly taken up into Paradise and he heard the words unspoken that humans should not be pronounced.








No comments:

Post a Comment